because you need to know. because you want to know.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Things Overheard on Public Transportation

We here at The Daily Pooper are proud mass transit users. We use it wherever we go and will continue to do so until we die or until they invent flying cars. From time to time, we overhear strange conversations. We will now be bringing all of them to you. Keep in mind that all conversations are real with no embellishments. This means that the regularity of this feature is uncertain. Please trust us to bring to you anything worth hearing about.

With that, here is a written transcript of a very angry cell phone conversation one of our reporters overheard yesterday afternoon.

"Yeah, well all she had was a thong bathing suit...No, it's not just like mine, mine's all that...Yeah I have a pink thong bathing suit but mine has slits on the arms...I bet hers doesn't have no slits on the arms...Mine's all that, it's got slits on the arms, a pink wraparound skirt WITH GLITTER! It's also got pink stockings, and a pink scarf. I bet hers doesn't have none of that shit...Well, her man shoulda smacked you for looking at her. If i was there, i woulda smacked him...Well you shouldn't be looking, my thong bathing suit is better so you shoulda been thinking about me...HEY, (now in an almost whisper) I will roll on you. You watch yourself."

It was at this point that our brave reporter got off the bus, wondering how you can have slits on the arms of a bathing suit.
What will we hear next? There's only one way to find out.

Keep riding the bus, America.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think anyone was listening to my conversation. It is all that by the way.

10:26 AM

 
Blogger MrVilhauer said...

I've seen it. He's right!

2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I don't ride the bus very often but in SD you don't have to ride the bus to here ridiculous conversations. I was at the mall last year and they had nascar cars on display. One of these cars was painted with the the muppets. As we came in we didn't think much of it but on our way out there was a twenty something guy on a walky talky, talking to a friend in the mall about the awesome racecar he just found. This conversation consisted of "It's got the muppets on it, and IT'S A DODGE." (emphasis is not mine). I will be the first to admit that I don't know a great deal about NASCAR, however I don't know too many people this excitted about cars being "A Dodge." Anyway Love the topic.

7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home